If you’ve not been able to make it to my recent four week festive cooking course, you can now buy my stress-free festive cooking guide with all the the detailed class handouts with all my tried and tested recipes, time plans and tips. You’ll have everything you need for the festive season in one place. All my recipes are written for any level of cook and my years of teaching, answering all sorts of questions, means I explain everything so you can confidently recreate everything yourself.
As well as the PDF guides, you’ll get videos of the specific techniques and there is an option to purchase an additional coaching session which can take place over the phone or on Facetime. In that session I can run through any questions, dietary substitutions and help you with your planning.
I’ve spent hours and hours creating and testing these 36 recipes and writing the detailed handouts, prep-ahead guides and time plans. I cover everything from the Christmas Day dinner, cocktails and party food, a dinner party menu and what to do with leftovers. All the recipes have had the ultimate test of being cooked live and served in my classes. So, you can confidently cook up a storm without stressing out.
Here’s what is included…
Guide 1 – A stress free Christmas dinner party…
This menu works just as well for a buffet, a casual dinner party or a Christmas Eve dinner. Everything can be prepped ahead, and most of it can be frozen.
You’ll get all these recipes, a detailed time plan and my entertaining tips.
- Welcome cocktail ‘Not your grandma’s sherry’.
- Parmesan and sesame biscuits with apricot and thyme chutney.
- Baked ham with a Christmassy glaze.
- Winter salad of massaged kale, carrots, clementines, toasty nuts and goats cheese.
- Herb Hassleback potatoes.
- Fruit and almond tart with clementine cream.
Guide 2 – Party food and edible gifts…
Enjoy your drinks party with this make-ahead spread. And give your friends and family something deliciously home made. You’ll get all these detailed recipes.
- Two easy cocktails: Sloe Gin Fizz. Am I Mistaken
- Five gutsy canapés or starter: Gougères, Pigs in blankets wreath, Scandi smoked trout wreath, Middle Eastern vegetarian bites, Spicy Nudja and honey crostini.
- Two edible gifts: Thai tomato chilli jam. Chocolate coated salty pretzels
Guide 3 – The big day – how to enjoy Christmas day without spending hours in the kitchen…
You’ll get all these detailed tried and tested recipes, including details of what can be prepped ahead and frozen; tips on where to buy the best ingredients and what equipment to use. You’ll also get a detailed plan for what you can get done between now and Christmas Day to make the day a breeze. Plus a detailed time plan for Christmas Day. These recipes will also work brilliantly for Thanksgiving next year.
- Buying, cooking and serving the perfect turkey – what size to order, timings, temperatures, carving and seasoning.
- Make-ahead and freeze gravy.
- Crunchy bay and honey parsnips.
- Sage, date and barley stuffing.
- Potato and celeriac purée.
- Roast Brussels with pancetta, Marsala and chestnuts.
- Bread sauce.
- Cranberry and orange sauce.
- The best crunchy roast potatoes.
- Carrot mash.
Guide 4 – Lovely leftovers…
Learn exactly how to safely save and use leftovers and how to use them as a blank canvas to create all sorts of delicious meals to reawaken a jaded palate after Christmas. Find out exactly what can be frozen, how long things can stay in the fridge and how to safely re-heat things. You’ll get all these recipes – which can also easily be made from scratch throughout the year without leftovers – as well as some other simple ideas to use your leftovers.
- Smoked salmon or trout pâté, crisp capers, speedy pickled radish and rye toasts.
- Indian potato cakes with chutney, salad and the best coronation turkey.
- Thai turkey and greens fried brown rice.
- Pannetone and chocolate ice cream layer cake.
- The best 3 turkey sandwiches
If you’d like to get my newsletter every couple of weeks, packed with recipes like this and my meal plans, please sign up here.